Monday, November 16, 2009

Could you hold please?

The other night at work I got a phone call from one of our regular customers. You know the type - the ones who are needy and require a 20 minute conversation about absolutely nothing and when you hang up after those 20 minutes, you have only spoken for maybe 3 of those minutes other than the occasional "yes", "uh huh", "I understand", "really?", "whys that?"....

The customer asked me to find out how much a particular medication would cost on their insurance. So I politely ask the customer, "Do you mind holding for a minute so that I can run that through your insurance and get a price for you?"

The response that I got about knocked me on the floor! I can honestly say that it is a first for me in the 10+ years that I have been working in a pharmacy....

"Sure, I'm just sitting here resting on the commode."

I cannot look at this customer in the same way anymore! I'm just thankful that I did not hear any strange noises while I was on the phone!

3 comments:

wendi said...

Oh my word! That is too funny. Props to you for not laughing out loud when they said that.

Unknown said...

I almost did start laughing, but luckily I was able to hit the "hold" button before letting out a laugh! I wish more funny stuff like this happend on a daily basis - instead of the "Will you fill my Lortab 10 days early?" drama :)

Carol said...

Oh but Pharmacist Brandy will you PLEASE fill my lortab RX???? What do you MEAN you can't fill it if it's written in crayon on construction paper? It says my name and right there 1 MILLION LORTABS! now FILL IT!! also - can i please get 97 boxes of sudafed. . . this sinus infection is killing me. *twitch* :)