Friday, May 25, 2012

Update

Today I had a scope done of my stomach to find out why I have been throwing up almost everyday since my surgery. The opening to my "pouch" should have been 12mm (what he originally made it), and mine was only 8mm. That is why I have been getting sick so often. So the doctor was able to dilate the opening back to 12mm and this should help! He did mention that some people have to have a 2nd procedure done, but I really hope that I don't have to have another one! It was a painless procedure, but I still don't want to go through another one. He also mentioned something about sutures coming out and my stomach trying to digest them, but I was still coming out of anesthesia at that point, and don't remember much. He did say that that could have contributed to my vomiting as well.
I have spent the rest of the day chilling out and watching/sleeping through movies!
I will be back on liquids for at least 2-4 days then progress back up to solid foods again. That part is kind of frustrating, but if it fixes me, I'm all for it!

No comments: