My Full Liquid Diet options included:
- Protein Shakes
- Pre-Made Protein Drinks
- Sugar Free Pudding (thinned out with milk)
- No Sugar added Yogurt (thinned out with milk)
- 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken and Cream of Mushroom (thinned out with milk and strained)...these were truly a life saver as it was the one thing that didn't make me gag at the end of the 2 weeks!
- Cream of Wheat (thinned out with milk)
- Skim Milk
- Any sugar free drink (Crystal Light, SF Kool-Aid, water, etc.)
- Decaf Coffee
- Sugar Free Popsicles
Today (or probably yesterday the time I get this up), I was able to start Phase 2 of my recovery period, Pureed Foods! I was actually really looking forward to this for several days since my liquid diet was starting to make me feel sick towards the end. I realized today it's really not that exciting LOL.
My Pureed Diet options include:
- Any low fat, sugar free (or only 4grams or less of added sugar) foods are able to be pureed
- All of the items listed above are still allowed
- Baby Food
- Fat Free or 1% Cottage Cheese
- Scrambled or Poached Eggs
- Ricotta Cheese
- Pureed Soups
- Mashed Potatoes (but I should stay away from these as much as possible since there is no protein in them)
I am eating 1/2 a cup of food/meal and still having full liquid snacks so that I can get in more protein. Since today was the first day on this phase, I did have some difficulty getting a full 1/2 cup down. They did say that is ok and actually quite normal at first. I will be on this phase for 2 weeks before I get to move up to "Soft Foods" - Yay!
I start back to work next Monday and I know that is going to be a whole new challenge of being able to fit in all my meals and fluid throughout the day. As a retail pharmacist, there is not much down time in the day and I struggled with even being able to eat (or drink) most days before surgery, but that is simply not an option for me now!
I go to the doctor on Friday and I will find out how much I have officially lost then!