Friday, July 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Summer

No, it's not just a summer filled with birthdays, but it's a card I made for my friend Summer's birthday! This past Wednesday was her birthday and on Monday I went down to Mt. Juliet to hang out for the day. So Summer and I did a little shopping together for an upcoming baby shower that we are both attending this weekend. I also wanted to do something for her birthday so I took her to lunch at Olive Garden afterwards! Yummy!

I also got to spend some time with my sister, niece, nephew, and dad that afternoon as well. I was back at my dad's house trying to get some more of my old stuff (crap) cleaned out of his house. I have either trashed, am going to try and sell, or given away the majority of the stuff I had left there, but there was some stuff I wanted to keep (just not much).

Anyway, so here is the card I made for Summer. I was going for something that looked like a gift wrapped present since I didn't get her an actual gift. I actually really liked this one and she said that she did too! The ribbon made it a little too bulky, but I think it turned out really cute! Enjoy!


Supplies:
*Paper: a selection from The Glitter Mat Stack
*Ribbon: from my Christmas wrap stash
*Stamps: "Happy Birthday" - Stampabilities, "Circle and Dots" - Inkadinkado
*Ink: Eggplant from VersaMagic and Lime Pastel from ColorBox Chalk

No comments: