Sunday, July 12, 2009

Thinking of you

Recently, I had a good friend loose a grandfather so I made her a card and sent her a Starbucks gift card (we could all use a little Starbucks to get us back on our feet). Here's what I came up with:

The center block is applied with 3-D block things (I cannot for the life of me think of what they are called at this moment), but it makes it pop out farther than the other 2. I'm not sure why I decided to do that, but I like the way it turned out. Here's what else I used:

*Paper: American Craft alaCart (both patterned papers are from the same set) *Rub ons at the bottom: Found these are clearance somewhere, but not sure what they are from) *Stamps: Alphabet - stampabilities PARTY INK, Lowercase *Ink: Colorbox CHALK - Lime Pastel

I am having a stressful month at work, and I am really trying to be more positive about the situation and remember that I should be reflecting the God I love, so I have really tried not being negative. This has been extremely hard for me lately. It is taking a lot of prayer to make it through each day. Thankfully, I only have to work 2 days this week (after working 6 last week). That will be a very welcome change! I am more than ready now for that trip to PA in just 32 short days! (NOT that I'm counting or anything)

3 comments:

Kelley Eubanks said...

This is really cute Brandy!! I am sure your friend will really appreciate it! BTW... those pop up things... if they are foam like things... are called dimensionals! Miss you and Love you! Hope your work troubles get resolved soon!

Anonymous said...

I agree--cute! You do not give yourself as much credit as you should. It is totally your personality to be thinking of others, like Jen, even when you are stressed!

BTW- my b-day card rocks too!

wendi said...

Very cute! Hope works evens out a bit and that your vacation comes super quick!!