Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I got ROCK!

I have been begging my husband to let me get rock put in the mulch bed in the front of our house because last year my efforts to keep grass and weeds out was pointless. As I would get done pulling weeds, the next day, there would be 10 new weeds at least!



This year I was determined I was NOT going to fight with it since I am the one who does all of the yard work...so I called the guy who mows our yard and told him I wanted some landscaping done. He suggested that I put down "river rock" since he thought it would look good with our house and since it pretty much maintenance free. This is what I originally wanted LAST summer and never got around to it. I told him I needed to talk it over with my husband and I would get back to him. We decided it was just an "extra expense" we could do without right now and that I should wait to get it. However, I ended up having to work an extra shift on Saturday so I took this as my validation that we would have the extra money right now to pay for this since the shift was unexpected and all! So, I called right away and had them come out to put the rock down.



Here is the before picture:





And the after:

I am not 100% sure I LOVE it, but I do like it better than what we had...but you can see how bad our yard looks too! I have tried to get grass to grow, but have not had much luck! Our house sits on some old farm land and the only people who have yards that look good are the ones who have spent a LOT of money and we don't really want to do that right now. For now, I am happy with the rock at least!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Daniel would totally enjoy throwing that rock into the grass for the lawn guy to mow over. Then, you would end up with rock inside your house, for I am sure at some point it would be thrown through a window when mowing ;o).

Glad you have lessened your work load!

-Sum